Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

This week I came to the conclusion that I completely live in the world.  We cover ourselves in machine made clothes, drive a man made car on man made roads, play basketball on an inside court for exercise, and sit in man made houses and help people mow their lawns or trim trees.  I don’t have any real contact with nature. I don’t even remember what god’s creations look like anymore!  I’m dying! I need to get transferred to a jungle or something for a while to return to my roots, haha!

But other than that, it was a decent week.  Nothing crazy happened but nothing bad happened either.  And we started teaching a Brazilian named Rapha.  He wants to come to our ward because his girlfriend is in it, kinda.  She’s less active-ish.  He swims for the US national team and if he drops 1 second he will make the Olympic trials.  So in 2016 I'll see him on TV and be like, “I taught that guy!” And he even said that listening to us has helped his swimming!  His girlfriend came to church yesterday and when he starts coming she will have to come!  It’s like a two for one!

And then for Father’s Day we baked Jose Sierra a cake and frosted it and wrote "!Feliz Dia Papa!" (happy day dad!)  We tried to write more but we ran out of room!  Jose and Maira loved it!  It was a good day.


Love, Elder Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment