Friday, April 18, 2014

Baptisms, Service Work, and Getting Ripped!

Converts!  (I baptized the girl on the left)

Cockpit of the space shuttle at NASA

Plan of Salvation lesson we drew on a wall

So this week me and my companions decided that we are going to get huge so we contacted a guy in our ward, Hermano Colon, because he is ripped and in the army.  So in the end he wrote us a body weight work out and he gave us his old Boflex.  And since my comp is an assistant, we got keys to an extra apartment and we put the Boflex in it.  He also has a speed bike that he is going to give us after he fixes it.  So we will be getting huge!

And we taught Amairani the plan of salvation in depth and drew it on her wall cuz she is about to repaint anyways.  She wanted to know everything about the "three worlds" so we taught it super detailed.  Then the next morning, she found out her friend in Argentina died of bone cancer.  She was super sad, but it was cool how we focused on death and the life hereafter right before she actually needed it!

And I don’t know if I have told you about the Sierra family.  They are from Honduras and are a family of 8.  We went to surprise them at the Buddhist temple.  Well its super hard for them to have time for lessons so all we do is serve them cuz they are super ready for the gospel.  Like in between conference we mowed their lawn.  But this week, we went and pulled out a bush she wanted removed.  No one was home but the dad left some tools out so we just started.  Within 10 minutes, we broke his hedge clippers so we went to Home Depot and bought new ones.  Then we finished the job and used a shovel to get the roots out but we realized his old clippers were a lot more sophisticated then our new ones so we went back to Home Depot and returned the old ones to get newer nice ones. Then we came back to their house and left him the new super nice ones.  So the whole deal took about two hours, haha!.  But we did have some great contacts at Home Depot with the worker and the cashier.   And the family liked that the bush was gone and the new clippers so now we just have to get them to church so they know what they are missing.

And do you know how everything is bigger in Texas?  Well the allergies here are killer!  You walk around and the cars and the ground is just covered in yellow pollen.  I’ve never really had allergies but I’m dying!  My nose is always running, I sneeze like 80 times a day, my eyes half the time are just blood shot!  It’s crazy but I guess all the missionaries get it their first time cuz no one is used to it.  And then I got a gnarly cough so my voice has been so classic for the past week!  It’s deep and raspy and it cracks all the time. It’s so funny. 

And I’ve gotten super into listening to old talks like conferences, firesides, and BYU devotionals.  My comp has an iPod full of them so I listen to them in the morning.  I would suggest you try them for your drives cuz I know you like your podcasts.  You can download them off lds.org I think.

Also, I would recommend the song “Come Unto Christ” from lds.org cuz we listen to it on repeat and me and my Samoan are making a missionary version of the song so maybe next week you will get some lyrics.

Loves,


Elder Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment